If you are a teacher, science communicator, outreach officer or an interested member of the public who would like to use our resources with your local VI community, we would like to invite you to join us for a day of learning about the project and the free resources that we have to offer.
The day will consist of
- a general introduction to the project, the team and the tactile models that we have produced;
- demonstrations of our example accessible workshops for Key Stage 2 and 3 students (upper primary and lower secondary school);
- discussions of best practice when working with VI students;
- demonstrations showing how you can make your own tactile models using our custom software;
- and a networking session.
Our training sessions will be held in:
- Manchester, 14th January 2019
- Edinburgh, 20th February 2019
- Birmingham, 28th March 2019
- London, 8th April 2019
- Portsmouth, 8th May 2019
As places for each workshop are limited, we would suggest choosing to attend the workshop most geographically suitable for you if this is at all possible.
For more information on the training sessions, school workshops, availability of our resources or project in general, please do not hesitate to contact the Tactile Universe team at TactileUniverse@gmail.com.